Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Family and Friends. We were a little sad not to be at home for the holiday but we did our best to do Thanksgiving - Australia style. The day started off well with a shout out at church. One lady turned around after the announcement that it was a holiday at home and asked "So it's Canada Day?" Australia doesn't really have a Thanksgiving equivalent so they were a little confused about what it is all about.


We got home from church and Tara started making some Apple Pie.


A golden brown turkey (read chicken) for dinner.

I realised at this moment that how to carve a turkey was not one of the lessons I had learned from my dad yet. I will have to pay more attention next time he does it. I got the job done but it certainly wasn't up to his standards.

Our delicious meal on the table complete with Lemon Lime and Bitters to drink. (My new favorite Australian beverage)

The pie turned out perfect.
Tara is excited because the custard is developing "skin" I don't get it ... apparently you do Nancy.


A delicious dessert, the perfect finish to what turned out to be a really good Thanksgiving. We miss everybody from home. We are thankful to have wonderful people thinking of us (and reading our blog) back in Canada. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Lesley Myrick said...

AWWWW! That looks like so much fun. My favourite picture has to be the one of the chicken/turkey with the little plastic Jesus beside it. I don't understand it, but I LIKE IT.

Miss you girls! Happy Thanksgiving. <3

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving guys!!!!
loooks like your meal and day turned out wooonderfully! We all miss you alot and we're glad you guys are doing so well!!
MMMM! The pie looked delish! :)
-Candace

Anonymous said...

Dear Tara, Stacy and Billy,
Happy Thanksgiving from Sault Ste Marie! We're all at Doug and Sue's house celebrating Mark and Taunya's wedding and gift opening. Your pie looks yummy - glad I taught you everything I know about baking! Love you and miss you very much...thinking of ou lots!

I'll try to call you on Tuesday, your birthday. Steve says "hi" to Billy....

Love you lots,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Your pie did look great I agree, as did the custard with the skin only the best part of the custard. I also celebrated Thankgiving today we had turkey loin, stuffing gravy, potatoes and cranberries. I celebrated with my Canadian friends but I have to agree that it wasn't the same without the family. Well I hope all is well

ttyl
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Looks great girls!!! Is that gramma's famous green bean casserole with onions on top! Stacy, everyone knows that the skin on the custard is the best part. Nancy and I used to fight over it, ( I always won of course!) Take care, we miss you both.
Auntie Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy-Great to see you both celebrating Thanksgiving. The food looked delicious.
Enjoying your ongoing adventures in Oz.

Love

Doug and Marilyn B.

Carla said...

Yummy!!! Love the picture of Jesus behind the turkey. :)

Lesley Myrick said...

Hi girlies! I tagged you on my blog to answer some questions. Check it out here...
http://www.lesleydenford.com/2008/10/little-about-lesley.html
...and post your answers! Miss you girls. <3