Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The HAIR! And the explanation

Some of you may know that I am sporting a new look. It's true! I am embracing my inner rockstar. Here is a picture of my crazy new 'do!


So now for the explanation. As many of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. However, being as busy as I was with school, I had little time to do anything more than wear a pink ribbon. October passed me by.


Some of the guys in our class, including some of the lecturers, have been supporting 'Movember' for Prostate Cancer and growing moustaches. Colby tried, and failed, to grow a respectable moustache- and told us all that he didn't expect anyone to sponsor it!


So, we hatched a plan. When we finished our last exam we all went to Colby's place and we both had our heads shaved (okay, so mine wasn't exactly "shaved" , but it was still alot of hair gone!). I collected money for Breast Cancer, and Colby collected for Prostate Cancer in lieu of his moustache. And then we let our roomates give us a haircut.




Clearly I was lucky I had Billy giving me my new look, as Jen took a huge strip off the back of Colby's head.
And here is a pic of me that night, with Billy and a couple of my other classmates. And, since I had always wondered what it would be like to go blond, and I only had about a centimeter of hair to damage by processing it, I thought I would take it one step further and bleach my hair as well. Its not my best look ever, but I am trying to work it for now. Its just hair, it will grow back, and I glad to have raised some money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation in Australia. If you are interested in supporting my little fundraising endevour you can make a direct donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation at http://www.cbcf.org/en-US/home.aspx. Just click "Donate Now".


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you! blonde is a good colour for you - it brings out the colour in your eyebrows! but for a great cause... and now you know how the other half (blondes) live.

melissa

Lesley Myrick said...

ROCKSTARRRRRR! :D

Anonymous said...

takes alot of courage to do what you did! it must be liberating! Glad it's for a good cause :)
love,
Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

WOW! i'm impressed tara! you did it for such a good cause and i'm proud of you!!! ...pluss you're probably alot cooler now that your SUMMMMMMER IS COMING!!!! LUCKY! :)
-candace

Anonymous said...

If you didn't do that for a good cause. I'd say you're crazy.I'm proud of you!!!
Love, ashton

Carla said...

Lookin' good, rocksTara!! :)