Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yummy and Iron Fortified!!!

I have suprised myself since we arrived in Australia. I thought that I was a pretty sub-par cook. But so far, my culinary adventures have been turning out quite well. Like last night's dinner! I have been on an iron supplement since we got to Australia, so I decided to try some really iron-rich meals and see if that helps me to feel any better. Below is my first attempt- Borlotti-Baked-Beef with spinach.

I expected that it would be pretty good for us- Borlotti beans, red meat and spinach all chock-full of vitamins and iron- but I didn't expect that it would actually taste AWESOME! The spinach has horseradish in it- i thought it was a strange combination- but it was so good!!! As you can tell by Stacy's glassy-eyed expression, she really enjoyed it too. We both wolfed it down and have definitely added the recipe to the our favourites.
Yay to me and my not-so-shabby culinary skillz! I am definitely looking for more recipes to try out. Please send us your favourite yummy recipe so we can give it a try!



1 comment:

Carla said...

I think I need that Spinach recipe! I keep thinking I should eat more spinach but can never find a way that is easy and low fat, that I like! I'll give you a good recipe in return :)