Monday, January 5, 2009

Boxing Day

Boxing Day was another busy one for Tara and I. After some very productive shopping, we were off to the lake for a barby.
Ivan (our minister), his wife Margaret and daughter Jenny (all on the right side of the table), hosted Hong, Tracy, Tara and Me for a delicious meal by the water. The food was so good and we had a really great time talking with them. Ivan had a great Aussie hat to keep the sun off. He let me wear it for the picture. I am hoping to get one just like it for our trip.



Lake Burly Griffin is in the background. There we lots of people kayaking. Tara and I thought about commandeering there boats but we decided to wait for another day.

After dinner Ivan took us up to Telstra Tower. It is a telecommunication tower that sits on the top of Black Mountain and offers some amazing views of the city.

The end of another great day in Oz.

1 comment:

Lesley Myrick said...

Your sunshine-y pictures make me very happy. The cold slushy snow here does not make me happy. The end.